When your item contains dangerous goods or any other item which is of a hazardous or prohibited nature, transport is subject to restrictions related to both the content and the destination countries. However, we will always do our best to find a way to transport your item.
Lähetysten sisältöä koskevat maakohtaiset kiellot ja rajoitukset tarkastat kätevästi maakohtaisista tiedoista.
Either entirely or partly prohibited – please contact the customer service
- Cash, securities, traveler’s checks, jewels, valuables and precious metals only as insured items to those countries that permit them
- Narcotics, such as LSD, morphine, cocaine, cannabis products and opium, are permitted for medical or other scientific use.
- Counterfeit and pirated products
- Living and dead animals (excluding bees, leeches and silkworms). In international mail traffic, we transport flies of the family Drosophilidae (fruit flies) between officially recognized research institutes.
- Perishable food items
- Living plants
- Objects and substances the possession or use of which is prohibited by law.
Transports of weapons
Posti does not transport in its letter and parcel services firearms, ammunition, gas pistols and devices intended for firing gas cartridges or items that are confusingly similar. These items include replicas of guns and explosives, dummy rounds for practice, firearms that have been made inoperable, air guns and airsoft weapons which are replicas of firearms.